Episode 24 of the ‘Changing Construction’ podcast, the podcast designed to help people in Construction address the big challenges they face and discuss the key themes across the industry, focuses on a topic we should all talk about more - Women in Construction. Tune in below or recap our previous episodes
Recap our previous episodes from the 'Changing Construction' podcast here:
- Episode 1 with Vicki Reynolds about Women in BIM and digital strategies here.
- Episode 2 with Sarah Fox about Construction contracts and avoiding disputes here.
- Episode 3 with Rob Charlton on the business case for Digital Twins here.
- Episode 4 with Paul Wilkinson on the digitisation of Construction here.
- Episode 5 with Dan Rossiter on the 'Digital Fluency' challenges here.
- Episode 6 with Ben Channon on mental wellbeing in the industry here.
- Episode 7 with Jacob Wardrop on getting rid of your document management system when nobody uses it here.
- Episode 8 with Paul Shillcock on ISO 19650 and information management processes here.
- Episode 9 with Dame Judith Hackitt on safer buildings and the golden thread of information here.
- Episode 10 with Jo Dodds on employee engagement and personal productivity here.
- Episode 11 with Kjersti Lerkerod on handling disputes amid the coronavirus situation here.
- Episode 12 with Paul Johnstone on successfully bidding for contracts here.
- Episode 13 with Najma Dunnett on managing contracts and disputes in a pandemic here.
- Episode 14 with Jeames Hanley on the importance of a digital strategy in a pandemic here.
- Episode 15 with Matt Bennion on growing through lockdown here.
- Episode 16 with Ann Bentley on surviving and thriving out of a crisis here.
- Episode 17 with Casey Rutland on 15 minutes of fame for Digital Transformation here.
- Episode 18 with Adrian Hill on how procurement can have a positive effect on the road to recovery here.
- Episode 19 with Gavin Crump on accelerating BIM in Australasia here.
- Episode 20 with Saul Humphrey on managing a crisis from the board room here.
- Episode 21 with Elinor Moshe on how to stand out in a crisis here.
- Episode 22 with Dr Coenie Nel on personal development and the role of a Project Manager here.
- Episode 23 with Fred Mills on changing the perception of construction here.
Episode 24: Shelley Lawrence - Women in Construction
Shelley Lawrence shares her thoughts with Mail Manager's Jacob Wardrop and Olivia Rowe about why more women should get involved in Construction, the barriers to entry, the benefits of a diverse workforce, the importance of role models, how has the network changed since the pandemic.
Shelley is leading the Cambridgeshire Women into Construction programme in partnership with award-winning house builder, Hill. Shelley has 15-years experience in Events and Marketing and is a passionate champion for women, having also co-founded a website to support mothers. With two daughters of her own, one of which would like to be an Engineer, Shelley enjoys working to support and empower women into construction, breaking down barriers for a more balanced workforce.
Where can you listen to the podcast?
If you like it, please share it, follow the podcast and feel free to leave a review.