In episode 13 of the 'Changing Construction' podcast, we are joined by Najma Dunnett, Senior Associate Legal Counsel at Hoare Lea. We discuss the impact of these uncertain times on contracts and disputes, as well as how understanding clients are being and the role of email on projects.
Recap our previous episodes here:
- Episode 1 with Vicki Reynolds about Women in BIM and digital strategies here.
- Episode 2 with Sarah Fox about Construction contracts and avoiding disputes here.
- Episode 3 with Rob Charlton on the business case for Digital Twins here.
- Episode 4 with Paul Wilkinson on the digitisation of Construction here.
- Episode 5 with Dan Rossiter on the 'Digital Fluency' challenges here.
- Episode 6 with Ben Channon on mental wellbeing in the industry here.
- Episode 7 with Jacob Wardrop on getting rid of your document management system when nobody uses it here.
- Episode 8 with Paul Shillcock on ISO 19650 and information management processes here.
- Episode 9 with Dame Judith Hackitt on safer buildings and the golden thread of information here.
- Episode 10 with Jo Dodds on employee engagement and personal productivity here.
- Episode 11 with Kjersti Lerkerod on handling disputes amid the coronavirus situation here.
- Episode 12 with Paul Johnstone on successfully bidding for contracts here.
Episode 13: Najma Dunnett
Mail Manager's Mario Christophides chats with Najma about managing contracts and disputes throughout this uncertain time. We cover the changing workforce and the impact on sites, what happens when terms on the contract are made impossible to meet by the current global situation, how understanding clients are being, the role of email in contracts and projects, what PI insurers want to see, and who the biggest offenders are when it comes to contracts.
Najma Dunnett is a Construction lawyer with over 20 years’ experience in the construction industry. She began her career in the commercial department at John Laing Construction before moving to private practice. Najma later worked for an insurance company and for international architectural and engineering consultancies where she was responsible for the EMEA and Asia Pacific regions. Her role involves advising on contentious and non-contentious matters, both domestic and international and providing strategic advice on a range of issues including dispute avoidance. At Hoare Lea, Najma deals with domestic and international projects and is the founder of the Consultants’ group, a network of domestic and international construction consultants.
Najma can be contacted at Hoare Lea: email@example.com or connect with Najma on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/najma-dunnett-8aa7a939/
Where can you listen to the podcast?
If you like it, please share it, follow the podcast and feel free to leave a review.