In episode 22 of the ‘Changing Construction’ podcast, the podcast designed to help people in Construction address the big challenges they face and discuss the key themes across the industry, we are joined by Dr Ceonie Nel and Jaco Barnard to discuss personal development and the role of a Project Manager today.
Recap our previous episodes from the 'Changing Construction' podcast here:
- Episode 1 with Vicki Reynolds about Women in BIM and digital strategies here.
- Episode 2 with Sarah Fox about Construction contracts and avoiding disputes here.
- Episode 3 with Rob Charlton on the business case for Digital Twins here.
- Episode 4 with Paul Wilkinson on the digitisation of Construction here.
- Episode 5 with Dan Rossiter on the 'Digital Fluency' challenges here.
- Episode 6 with Ben Channon on mental wellbeing in the industry here.
- Episode 7 with Jacob Wardrop on getting rid of your document management system when nobody uses it here.
- Episode 8 with Paul Shillcock on ISO 19650 and information management processes here.
- Episode 9 with Dame Judith Hackitt on safer buildings and the golden thread of information here.
- Episode 10 with Jo Dodds on employee engagement and personal productivity here.
- Episode 11 with Kjersti Lerkerod on handling disputes amid the coronavirus situation here.
- Episode 12 with Paul Johnstone on successfully bidding for contracts here.
- Episode 13 with Najma Dunnett on managing contracts and disputes in a pandemic here.
- Episode 14 with Jeames Hanley on the importance of a digital strategy in a pandemic here.
- Episode 15 with Matt Bennion on growing through lockdown here.
- Episode 16 with Ann Bentley on surviving and thriving out of a crisis here.
- Episode 17 with Casey Rutland on 15 minutes of fame for Digital Transformation here.
- Episode 18 with Adrian Hill on how procurement can have a positive effect on the road to recovery here.
- Episode 19 with Gavin Crump on accelerating BIM in Australasia here.
- Episode 20 with Saul Humphrey on managing a crisis from the board room here.
- Episode 21 with Elinor Moshe on how to stand out in a crisis.
Episode 22: Dr Coenie Nel - Personal development and the role of a Project Manager
Jacob and Jaco Barnard are joined by Coenie Nel, CEO of Creative Project Management Solutions, to chat about personal development as a Project Manager, the role of a Project Manager at the moment, challenges a Project Manager faces, what separates the great from the good Project Managers, and what are we going to keep when the industry returns to a new normal.
Dr Coenie Nel is a PMI accredited Project Management Professional (PMP) with more than 16 years of exposure to various national and international infrastructure projects. After spending valuable project time with both engineering consultants and contractors, Coenie decided to follow his passion, Project Management, and combine that with his talents, leadership and teaching, to follow a career in developing individuals and organisations to become more successful through applying the principles of Project Management, as well as managing various projects to successful completion on behalf of the client organisation.
Jaco Barnard is qualified engineer and experienced management consultant. He serves as a Director at Agile Business Technology, “Agile”, a niche consulting organisation, based in Stellenbosch. Jaco has worked for a number of leading international ICT and Consulting organisations, delivering solutions to companies across various industries in South Africa, UK, Australia and a number of African countries.
Agile helps organizations within the AEC Industries with their digital transformation initiatives and are the Africa partners for Mail Manager, Procore and Bimsync (from Catenda). Agile has implemented and continues to support their digital solutions across clients in the Education, Property Development, Infrastructure and Renewable Energy sectors.
Where can you listen to the podcast?
If you like it, please share it, follow the podcast and feel free to leave a review.