In part four of our 'Road to Recovery' podcast series, Adrian Hill, Director of Operations at Scape Group, joins us to talk about what Construction firms should be doing when tendering.
Recap our previous episodes from the 'Changing Construction' podcast here:
- Episode 1 with Vicki Reynolds about Women in BIM and digital strategies here.
- Episode 2 with Sarah Fox about Construction contracts and avoiding disputes here.
- Episode 3 with Rob Charlton on the business case for Digital Twins here.
- Episode 4 with Paul Wilkinson on the digitisation of Construction here.
- Episode 5 with Dan Rossiter on the 'Digital Fluency' challenges here.
- Episode 6 with Ben Channon on mental wellbeing in the industry here.
- Episode 7 with Jacob Wardrop on getting rid of your document management system when nobody uses it here.
- Episode 8 with Paul Shillcock on ISO 19650 and information management processes here.
- Episode 9 with Dame Judith Hackitt on safer buildings and the golden thread of information here.
- Episode 10 with Jo Dodds on employee engagement and personal productivity here.
- Episode 11 with Kjersti Lerkerod on handling disputes amid the coronavirus situation here.
- Episode 12 with Paul Johnstone on successfully bidding for contracts here.
- Episode 13 with Najma Dunnett on managing contracts and disputes in a pandemic here.
- Episode 14 with Jeames Hanley on the importance of a digital strategy in a pandemic here.
- Episode 15 with Matt Bennion on growing through lockdown here.
- Episode 16 with Ann Bentley on surviving and thriving out of a crisis here.
- Episode 17 with Casey Rutland on 15 minutes of fame for Digital Transformation here.
Episode 18: Adrian Hill - How procurement can have a positive effect on the road to recovery
Adrian Hill, Director of Operations at Scape Group, joins us in part 4 of our Road to Recovery series to talk about what construction firms need to be doing when tendering. We cover Scape’s approach to procurement, what shouldn't go back to normal post-COVID, discouraging procurement behaviours of the last recession, and their learning in lockdown initiative.
About Adrian and Scape Group:
Scape Group is a public sector organisation, dedicated to creating ongoing efficiency and social value via the built environment. Scape and its subsidiaries offer fully managed frameworks, property services, innovative design solutions, community investment opportunities and joint ventures.
By bringing together the strongest teams from the public and private sectors, Scape’s rapidly deployed, highly measurable and collaborative approach delivers value for money and quality buildings while stimulating local economic growth and community enrichment. Scape operates with a buying capacity of £12bn and has helped to deliver over 12,000 public sector projects with more than 1,800 currently in progress. For the past three years, Scape Group was named the ‘Best Client to Work With’ at the annual Construction Enquirer Awards.
For more information visit: www.scapegroup.co.uk
As Director of Operations, Adrian leads the operational and strategic activity for Scape Procure. Adrian manages the framework management, client relationship management and performance and social value teams, applying strategic leadership of change and innovation to ensure that the framework services provide excellent value for money to the public sector.
Prior to Scape, Adrian worked as Group Leisure Sector Lead for Willmott Dixon, and for Sport England where he led investment policy for the development and management of sports facilities within England. He holds an MBA in Construction and Real Estate.
Where can you listen to the podcast?
If you like it, please share it, follow the podcast and feel free to leave a review.