Suibhne Cullen, Director of Digital Delivery at Mott MacDonald in the Asia Pacific Region, joins us for episode 28 of the ‘Changing Construction’ podcast, the podcast designed to help people in Construction address the big challenges they face and discuss the key themes across the industry, breaking down stigmas, bringing awareness to issues and challenges, and hear from those at the forefront of change. In this episode, we discuss the topic of Digital Fluency in AEC, including 'digital deniers' and how there are no shortcuts to change.
Recap our previous episodes from the 'Changing Construction' podcast here:
- Episode 1 with Vicki Reynolds about Women in BIM and digital strategies here.
- Episode 2 with Sarah Fox about Construction contracts and avoiding disputes here.
- Episode 3 with Rob Charlton on the business case for Digital Twins here.
- Episode 4 with Paul Wilkinson on the digitisation of Construction here.
- Episode 5 with Dan Rossiter on the 'Digital Fluency' challenges here.
- Episode 6 with Ben Channon on mental wellbeing in the industry here.
- Episode 7 with Jacob Wardrop on getting rid of your document management system when nobody uses it here.
- Episode 8 with Paul Shillcock on ISO 19650 and information management processes here.
- Episode 9 with Dame Judith Hackitt on safer buildings and the golden thread of information here.
- Episode 10 with Jo Dodds on employee engagement and personal productivity here.
- Episode 11 with Kjersti Lerkerod on handling disputes amid the coronavirus situation here.
- Episode 12 with Paul Johnstone on successfully bidding for contracts here.
- Episode 13 with Najma Dunnett on managing contracts and disputes in a pandemic here.
- Episode 14 with Jeames Hanley on the importance of a digital strategy in a pandemic here.
- Episode 15 with Matt Bennion on growing through lockdown here.
- Episode 16 with Ann Bentley on surviving and thriving out of a crisis here.
- Episode 17 with Casey Rutland on 15 minutes of fame for Digital Transformation here.
- Episode 18 with Adrian Hill on how procurement can have a positive effect on the road to recovery here.
- Episode 19 with Gavin Crump on accelerating BIM in Australasia here.
- Episode 20 with Saul Humphrey on managing a crisis from the board room here.
- Episode 21 with Elinor Moshe on how to stand out in a crisis here.
Episode 22 with Dr Coenie Nel on personal development and the role of a Project Manager here.
Episode 23 with Fred Mills on changing the perception of construction here.
- Episode 24 with Shelley Lawrence on women in construction here.
- Episode 25 with Martin Geach and Shahida Rajabdeen on Information Management Delivery here.
- Episode 26 with Amanda McKay on the wider diversity challenge.
- Episode 27 with Michael McGuire on starting your career in the built environment.
Episode 28: Suibhne Cullen - Digital Fluency
Mail Manager's Guy Seaward is joined by Suibhne (Siv) Cullen, Director of Digital Delivery at Mott MacDonald in the Asia Pacific Region, to chat about the Digital Fluency in AEC. We cover digital deniers and whether they are willing to adapt, why there can be no shortcuts to change, assessing digital fluency, and what is it that is driving digital adoption.
Suibhne (Siv) Cullen is Director of Digital Delivery at Mott MacDonald in the Asia Pacific Region. He also leads the Digital Advisory business in ANZ, where he acts as a ‘digital sherpa’ helping businesses climb the mountain that is digital change. The Digital Advisory develops and delivers on digital transformation, cyber security, digital mobility and digital twins, this means helping clients through the evolution of Digital Engineering, BIM, GIS, Data Science, IoT, AI/ML and Distributed Ledger Technologies.
Where can you listen to the podcast?
If you like it, please share it, follow the podcast and feel free to leave a review.