In part five of our 'Road to Recovery' podcast series, Saul Humphrey, Partner at Saul D Humphrey LLP and Chair of New Anglia LEP’s Building Growth, discusses managing a crisis from the board room, what’s important in a recovery, and the key items on the sustainability agenda.
Recap our previous episodes from the 'Changing Construction' podcast here:
- Episode 1 with Vicki Reynolds about Women in BIM and digital strategies here.
- Episode 2 with Sarah Fox about Construction contracts and avoiding disputes here.
- Episode 3 with Rob Charlton on the business case for Digital Twins here.
- Episode 4 with Paul Wilkinson on the digitisation of Construction here.
- Episode 5 with Dan Rossiter on the 'Digital Fluency' challenges here.
- Episode 6 with Ben Channon on mental wellbeing in the industry here.
- Episode 7 with Jacob Wardrop on getting rid of your document management system when nobody uses it here.
- Episode 8 with Paul Shillcock on ISO 19650 and information management processes here.
- Episode 9 with Dame Judith Hackitt on safer buildings and the golden thread of information here.
- Episode 10 with Jo Dodds on employee engagement and personal productivity here.
- Episode 11 with Kjersti Lerkerod on handling disputes amid the coronavirus situation here.
- Episode 12 with Paul Johnstone on successfully bidding for contracts here.
- Episode 13 with Najma Dunnett on managing contracts and disputes in a pandemic here.
- Episode 14 with Jeames Hanley on the importance of a digital strategy in a pandemic here.
- Episode 15 with Matt Bennion on growing through lockdown here.
- Episode 16 with Ann Bentley on surviving and thriving out of a crisis here.
- Episode 17 with Casey Rutland on 15 minutes of fame for Digital Transformation here.
- Episode 18 with Adrian Hill on how procurement can have a positive effect on the road to recovery here.
- Episode 19 with Gavin Crump on accelerating BIM in Australasia here.
Episode 20: Saul Humphrey - Managing a crisis from the board room
Saul Humphrey shares his thoughts with Mail Manager's Jacob Wardrop and Guy Seaward about what joins projects together, the role of confidence in a crisis, the different types of recovery and what’s important, the key items on the sustainability agenda, lessons to learn from past recessions, and what things shouldn’t go back to normal?
Dr Saul Humphrey is an experienced Managing Director, Consultant, Property Investor/Developer and Construction/Project Manager in the Construction and Property sector.
He is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the Chartered Institute of Builders, the Institute of Chartered Engineers and he is a Chartered Environmentalist and a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Saul leads his own consultancy, Saul D Humphrey LLP, and he is Chair of New Anglia LEP's Building Growth, the construction, housing and property development sector group covering Norfolk and Suffolk. Saul is also a Governor of East Coast College and he lectures on construction skills, procurement and sustainability in the construction sector.
Before starting his own consultancy, Saul was the Managing Director of Morgan Sindall PLC in the East and prior to that he led R G Carter Construction in the region.
Where can you listen to the podcast?
If you like it, please share it, follow the podcast and feel free to leave a review.