In episode 12 of the 'Changing Construction' podcast, Paul Johnstone, the founder of 4S Bid Limited, a full-service tender bid consultancy headquartered in Glasgow, joins us to chat about the steps you can take to build a pipeline and a repeatable system so you can successfully bid for contracts again and again. In order to grow, businesses need to win new clients and contracts. We cover the key challenges and frustrations around bidding today, as well as the top tips for ensuring bidding success.
Recap our previous episodes here:
- Episode 1 with Vicki Reynolds about Women in BIM and digital strategies here.
- Episode 2 with Sarah Fox about Construction contracts and avoiding disputes here.
- Episode 3 with Rob Charlton on the business case for Digital Twins here.
- Episode 4 with Paul Wilkinson on the digitisation of Construction here.
- Episode 5 with Dan Rossiter on the 'Digital Fluency' challenges here.
- Episode 6 with Ben Channon on mental wellbeing in the industry here.
- Episode 7 with Jacob Wardrop on getting rid of your document management system when nobody uses it here.
- Episode 8 with Paul Shillcock on ISO 19650 and information management processes here.
- Episode 9 with Dame Judith Hackitt on safer buildings and the golden thread of information here.
- Episode 10 with Jo Dodds on employee engagement and personal productivity here.
- Episode 11 with Kjersti Lerkerod on handling disputes amid the coronavirus situation here.
Episode 12: Paul Johnstone
Paul and Chris discuss the steps businesses can take to build a pipeline and a repeatable system so you can successfully bid for contracts again and again. In order to grow, businesses need to win new clients and contracts. We cover the key challenges and frustrations around bidding today, as well as the top tips for ensuring bidding success.
- How to build a pipeline
- How do you research and target companies
- What lessons can you learn from previous tenders
- How do you implement a repeatable system if you are bidding for contracts over and over again
- How does the approach for retaining existing contracts differ
Paul Johnstone is the Founding Owner and Managing Director of 4S Bid Limited, who were founded in October 2019.
Paul has over 10 years’ experience working in senior procurement roles across Public Sector (APUC ,Forth Valley College, University of Glasgow) and Financial Services (Standard Life Aberdeen, CYBG (now Virgin Money)) particularly within the FM, Construction and Built Environment industries. Paul is MCIPS qualified.
Paul has set up 4S Bid Limited to help businesses who are looking to win more contracts through bids and tenders by sharing his extensive procurement experience and insights with clients, and helping them be proactive in identifying the contracts they want to win and creating a systemised process for clients to help them win the contract. 4S Bid does more than write winning bids.
The ethos at 4S Bid is ‘Putting Clients 1st’ which means they put clients at the forefront of everything they do, to ensure that their clients are 1st when it comes to putting them ahead of the competition and winning the contracts they want to win more often.
Where can you listen to the podcast?
If you like it, please share it, follow the podcast and feel free to leave a review.