In part two of our 'Road to Recovery' podcast series, Ann Bentley, Global Board Director at Rider Levett Bucknall and member of the UK Government’s Construction Leadership Council, joins us to share her take on surviving and thriving out of the current crisis.
Recap our previous episodes from the 'Changing Construction' podcast here:
- Episode 1 with Vicki Reynolds about Women in BIM and digital strategies here.
- Episode 2 with Sarah Fox about Construction contracts and avoiding disputes here.
- Episode 3 with Rob Charlton on the business case for Digital Twins here.
- Episode 4 with Paul Wilkinson on the digitisation of Construction here.
- Episode 5 with Dan Rossiter on the 'Digital Fluency' challenges here.
- Episode 6 with Ben Channon on mental wellbeing in the industry here.
- Episode 7 with Jacob Wardrop on getting rid of your document management system when nobody uses it here.
- Episode 8 with Paul Shillcock on ISO 19650 and information management processes here.
- Episode 9 with Dame Judith Hackitt on safer buildings and the golden thread of information here.
- Episode 10 with Jo Dodds on employee engagement and personal productivity here.
- Episode 11 with Kjersti Lerkerod on handling disputes amid the coronavirus situation here.
- Episode 12 with Paul Johnstone on successfully bidding for contracts here.
- Episode 13 with Najma Dunnett on managing contracts and disputes in a pandemic here.
- Episode 14 with Jeames Hanley on the importance of a digital strategy in a pandemic here.
- Episode 15 with Matt Bennion on growing through lockdown here.
Episode 16: Ann Bentley
Ann Bentley, Global Board Director at Rider Levett Bucknall and member of the UK Government’s Construction Leadership Council, joins us to share her take on surviving and thriving out of the current crisis. Topics include coming out of a recession and learning's from previous recessions, value creation in the construction industry, what the industry can do to ensure this isn't an entirely negative chapter, where firms should look for pipeline in the future, and has everyone forgotten about Brexit?
You can find the CLC's Roadmap to Recovery plan here.
Ann is a Global Board Director of Rider Levett Bucknall, a QS, PM and advisory firm employing 650 staff in the UK and 4,000 worldwide, operating in 40 countries.
Ann is a member of the UK Government’s Construction Leadership Council, an advisor to the Construction Industry Council and recently authored the CLC’s Procuring for Value Report. She is a Chartered Member of the Institution for Civil Engineers (MICE), a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS) and holds an MBA from Henley Management College.
With a 35 year track-record in the property and construction sector Ann is experienced in working with commercial, public and third sector clients, with particular expertise in estate renewal and community development.
After graduating from the University of Manchester, she joined British Rail in 1982 as a civil engineer, moving to Bucknall Austin as a project manager in 1989. Ann is an advocate of diversity and social inclusion in the construction industry.
Where can you listen to the podcast?
If you like it, please share it, follow the podcast and feel free to leave a review.