Gavin Crump, Owner and BIM Consultant, BIM Guru, joins us to discuss his experiences in the industry, the challenges we face when it comes to Information Management and the roadmap ahead.
Recap our previous episodes from the 'Changing Construction' podcast here:
- Episode 1 with Vicki Reynolds about Women in BIM and digital strategies here.
- Episode 2 with Sarah Fox about Construction contracts and avoiding disputes here.
- Episode 3 with Rob Charlton on the business case for Digital Twins here.
- Episode 4 with Paul Wilkinson on the digitisation of Construction here.
- Episode 5 with Dan Rossiter on the 'Digital Fluency' challenges here.
- Episode 6 with Ben Channon on mental wellbeing in the industry here.
- Episode 7 with Jacob Wardrop on getting rid of your document management system when nobody uses it here.
- Episode 8 with Paul Shillcock on ISO 19650 and information management processes here.
- Episode 9 with Dame Judith Hackitt on safer buildings and the golden thread of information here.
- Episode 10 with Jo Dodds on employee engagement and personal productivity here.
- Episode 11 with Kjersti Lerkerod on handling disputes amid the coronavirus situation here.
- Episode 12 with Paul Johnstone on successfully bidding for contracts here.
- Episode 13 with Najma Dunnett on managing contracts and disputes in a pandemic here.
- Episode 14 with Jeames Hanley on the importance of a digital strategy in a pandemic here.
- Episode 15 with Matt Bennion on growing through lockdown here.
- Episode 16 with Ann Bentley on surviving and thriving out of a crisis here.
- Episode 17 with Casey Rutland on 15 minutes of fame for Digital Transformation here.
- Episode 18 with Adrian Hill on how procurement can have a positive effect on the road to recovery here.
Episode 19: Gavin Crump - Accelerating BIM in Australasia
Gavin Crump, Owner & BIM Consultant, BIM Guru, joins us to discuss his industry experiences covering: No time for strategy, only for billable projects; Justifying return on investment for change to occur; Resistance to change, old dogs/new tricks; organisational change and the need for retainable specialists; The I in BIM often hiding behind the B and the M. We also cover addressing challenges around Information Management, automating the mundane, silo mentality in the industry, the tutorials and resources that have the biggest response, and Gavin's view on the roadmap ahead.
Having worked in many architectural firms over the past 10 years as a BIM Manager, Gavin opened his BIM Consulting firm, BIM Guru at the start of 2020. Launching off the back of his YouTube efforts at the Aussie BIM Guru channel, his focus has shifted towards educating all levels of AEC professionals about software-based workflows, computational design and how they can navigate the industry from a BIM perspective.
You can also find Gavin on LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Where can you listen to the podcast?
If you like it, please share it, follow the podcast and feel free to leave a review.