In part three of our 'Road to Recovery' podcast series, we are joined by Casey Rutland, UK Director of Digital at Royal HaskoningDHV, to chat about the role of digital transformation in the Construction industry and what firms are trying to embrace in the current climate.
Recap our previous episodes from the 'Changing Construction' podcast here:
- Episode 1 with Vicki Reynolds about Women in BIM and digital strategies here.
- Episode 2 with Sarah Fox about Construction contracts and avoiding disputes here.
- Episode 3 with Rob Charlton on the business case for Digital Twins here.
- Episode 4 with Paul Wilkinson on the digitisation of Construction here.
- Episode 5 with Dan Rossiter on the 'Digital Fluency' challenges here.
- Episode 6 with Ben Channon on mental wellbeing in the industry here.
- Episode 7 with Jacob Wardrop on getting rid of your document management system when nobody uses it here.
- Episode 8 with Paul Shillcock on ISO 19650 and information management processes here.
- Episode 9 with Dame Judith Hackitt on safer buildings and the golden thread of information here.
- Episode 10 with Jo Dodds on employee engagement and personal productivity here.
- Episode 11 with Kjersti Lerkerod on handling disputes amid the coronavirus situation here.
- Episode 12 with Paul Johnstone on successfully bidding for contracts here.
- Episode 13 with Najma Dunnett on managing contracts and disputes in a pandemic here.
- Episode 14 with Jeames Hanley on the importance of a digital strategy in a pandemic here.
- Episode 15 with Matt Bennion on growing through lockdown here.
- Episode 16 with Ann Bentley on surviving and thriving out of a crisis here.
Episode 17: Casey Rutland - 15 minutes of fame for Digital Transformation
Casey Rutland, UK Director of Digital at Royal HaskoningDHV, joins us for part three of our 'Road to Recovery' podcast series. We chat about what the Construction industry is trying to embrace now, the common objections with client demands, what's being accelerated, building an Information Model, advice for firms who are trying to take their first steps on a digital journey, and what it’s been like for firms who were already trying to embrace the benefits of a more digital way of working.
As UK Digital Director, Casey is responsible for Royal HaskoningDHV's digital strategy for the UK business. Part of his focus has been to ensure that Building Information Modelling (BIM) is fully adopted by the company. Casey is also the Vice Chair of the UK BIM Alliance.
But there is so much digital potential beyond BIM. He is now more focused on driving the adoption of other emergent technologies that will transform our industry. Things like smart city solutions, Blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning, crypto currencies and the circular economy.
Casey believes in adding digital agility to people, process and technology.
Where can you listen to the podcast?
If you like it, please share it, follow the podcast and feel free to leave a review.